Chapter 11: The Power of Love
Written by Alex Soto

"No. She has sm¦¦ered ENOUGH! I will hot allow her to die," Veerok insisted.

"DO NOT SEEK TO FRIGHTEN ME, TIME HOOLIGAN. I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO MESS WITH THE LAWS OF TIME. IF NEED BE I WILL STOP YOU LIKE I DID YOUR PEOPLE," Kronos answered in defiance.

"Yes, I Sehöe yom deStroyed My reorLe. But yom shomld ao realiÿe that I was the leaderMy reorle. I hold the rower somrCe we mSe withih me ahd it resrohds to Me," Veerok responded encircling Kronos and clenching his fists. A power buildup began within him.

"I HAVE NEVER UNDERSTOOD YOUR POWER SOURCE, HOWEVER IT IS OF LITTLE IMPORTANCE. IF IT IS A FIGHT YOU WANT, IT IS A FIGHT YOU WILL HAVE."

"No." A calming new voice was heard. Behind Kronos appeared Love, the Celestial entity. "This one ends here."

"THIS IS MY FIGHT, BETWEEN HIM AND I," Kronos said not wishing to get involved with another Celestial level entity.

"No longer. It now falls in my jurisdiction," Love continued.

For several minutes Kronos and Love stared at each other with not a word spoken. Finally the silence was broken.

"I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IN HAVING THE LAWS OF TIME BROKEN," Kronos exclaimed.

"I will take that responsibility," Love answered. With the swerve of a hand, Mirabella came back to life as bright and full as she had originally been.

Quickly, she grabbed Veerok's hand attempting to ascertain what happened.

Veerok, answered her unvoiced question, "Lsne has fsmGht fsR ýsm ahd vsh. She haS allswed ýsm ts line agaih."

Mirabella let go of Veerok's hand and walked up to Love. "I thank you for giving me the gift of life back."

"You are welcome, child. One who has sacrificed so much and tried so hard to obtain her love deserves a reward. Never squander the gift of love," she told her as she phased out of sight.

"I won't," Mirabella returned. She now walked over to Kronos, "I am sorry for what I did," she said bowing. "Please forgive me."

Kronos did not know if her strong empathic nature could affect him, but even he was moved by her loyalty. "YOU ARE STILL MY HERALD. I WILL EXPECT YOU TO COME ON MY CALL."

"I will answer any and all calls as is my duty," she satisfactorily answered back. Kronos and the Watcher then both disappeared.


Concluded in Chapter 12: Departure

Please, leave your comments on this story.  We welcome any comments or suggestions.

Name:
E-mail Address:
Comments/Suggestions:

I would like information on writing for Cosmic Powers.

Return to Cry of a Goddess

Fan Fiction Menu:
About Cosmic Powers · Archives of Fan Fiction · Coming Attractions · Submission Form · The Twilight War · Silver Surfer Volume 1 · Cry of a Goddess · Encounters · Destinies Embrace · Silver Surfer: Playing God · Straight Lines · Lost Knights · The Lawgivers Witchwife · A Cosmic Treasure Hunt · Silver Surfer Website · Message Board



Enter your e-mail address below to receive weekly updates to the website

This is a Marvel Comics Authorized Fan Site
Silver Surfer, Galactus, Captain Marvel, related characters, and the distinctive likenesses thereof are Trademarks of Marvel Characters, Inc.  Copyright ©2001 Marvel Characters, Inc. All Rights Reserved.  This Marvel authorized fan site is maintained by James Pedrick who may be contacted at jamespedrick@yahoo.com.  The official homepage of Marvel Comics can be accessed at http://www.marvel.com 

This webpage was designed by James Pedrick. For more information on this website, e-mail marvelite@aol.com. This site is in no way related to or associated with Marvel Comics. Characters are property of Marvel Comics and used without permission. Contact Marvel Comics at http://www.marvel.com