COSMIC POWERS UNLIMITED ISSUE #31

Click here for larger copy of image!Welcome to issue #31 of Cosmic Powers Unlimited, our weekly/biweekly fan fiction webzine.  If you are not familiar with Cosmic Powers Unlimited or would like to go back and read past editions and stories, go to our CPU Archive Page.

This week, we have nine new stories!  Including several with X-Men characters in celebration of the hottest new movie in America!

One of those characters is Magneto, who appears in the second of two Defenders issues this week.  If you recall, the Defenders are a Protectors of the Universe team set in an alternate future, starring Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel, Warlock, Quasar, Dr. Strange, and Thor!  Be sure to read this week's Defenders #6 and then Defenders #7, starring Magneto!

We also have a special Gladiator story this week called Praetor: A Tale of the Imperial Guard.  Then, the Phoenix Force is needed in Protectors of the Universe #9, as the 10-part story comes closer to an end.

You won't see any X-Men in Thanos: Dead Men Tell No Tales, but you will the In-Betweener, as well as Thanos' father, mother, and brother in this week's issue #4!  However, some of your favorite mutants do make an appearance in this week's Chapter 7 of the massive epic War Waged At The Stroke Of Midnight, Part One: Dusk's End.

Be sure to then also check out the ninth chapter of The More Things Stay The Same, as well as issue #3 of our original storyline, War of the Blood Gods, and the conclusion to Azmodi's The March of Ares.

All in this week's X-citing (yet always cosmic) edition of Cosmic Powers Unlimited.

Now... please send us your feedback to all the stories at cpufeedback@yahoo.com!  Our writers really appreciate your questions, comments, suggestions, and feedback.  Thanks and enjoy!

In this issue...

THE DEFENDERS
ISSUE #6: "THE TIDES OF BATTLE" by WarlorTVor
In the latest edition of the on-going Defenders saga, we learn the fate of a fallen comrade, Norrin Radd. And a new, and even dangerous player is introduced, finally! All hail the coming of the Dark Shade of the Silver Surfer!
~Click here to read Defenders #6~
~Click here to go to the Protectors of the Universe Archive Page~


THE DEFENDERS
ISSUE #7: "FORGING ALLIANCES" by WarlorTVor & Morfex
Prophecy is fulfilled, as we take a step back through the veils of time to see the past events that lead to the Other's arrival. A POTU Tribute to one of Marvel's most endearing characters: Magneto! Plus, learn what dark fate waits for the Dark Quasar. 
~Click here to read Defenders #7~
~Click here to go to the Protectors of the Universe Archive Page~


PROTECTORS OF THE UNIVERSE
ISSUE #9: "PESTILENCE" by Morfex
In the penultimate chapter of the Rune Saga, Morfex weaves a tale of break-neck pacing as the heroes on Sirus X arrange the rebirth of the Phoenix to combat the threat of Bubonicus. No longer bound by a host, nor a template of Jean Grey, will this new Phoenix succumb to the Plague-Bringer's corruption?
~Click here to read Protectors of the Universe #9~
~Click here to go to the Protectors of the Universe Archive Page~


THANOS
DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES
ISSUE #4 by Anomaly

The tension builds between Thanos and Eros as they once again get in a quarrel.  And Thanos has a vision - who is in it and what does it mean?  Plus, learn what Thanos does when he finally gets sometime alone with his mother.  All in this week's edition of Dead Men Tell No Tales!
~Click here to go to Thanos: Dead Men Tell No Tales #4~
~Past Editions: issue #1, issue #2, and issue #3~


PRAETOR:
A TALE OF THE IMPERIAL GUARD
Featuring Gladiator, written by Dannell Lites
In celebration of the new excitement over the X-Men, we have a cosmic story starring Gladiator of the Shi'ar Empire's Imperial Guard.  This self-contained short story gives you a tour inside the life of Gladiator, as it is narrated by the Praetor himself!
~Click here to read Praetor: A Tale of the Imperial Guard~


War Waged At The Stroke Of Midnight
Part One: Dusk's End - Chapter Seven by Azmodi
In this week's chapter of Dusk's End, the great beings in the universe are choosing sides for the war, but whose side will Scrier and the Elder Gods choose? Not to mention an all out siege on Lumuria and an opening that features two of your favorite mutants!  This story has it all!
~Click here to go to Chapter 7 of Dusk's End~
~Click here for past chapters of Dusk's End~
~Story continues from The Twilight War and Foundations Forged Before Nightfall~


The More Things Change...
...The More They Stay The Same

Chapter 9: Devine Malevolence by Adam Funk
The sequel to The More Things Change... continues.  This week, the Silver Surfer is placed on trial in the Realm of Cosmic Beings.  And if you forgot what happened in the past chapters, go to The More Things Change The More They Stay The Same Homepage!
~Click here to go to Chapter 9 of The More Things Stay The Same~
~Click here for past chapters of The More Things Change...~


Beyond Reality
Featuring Original Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror Stories.


WAR OF THE BLOOD GODS #3
written by Grim (Drunk Thanos)
What is the demon seen on Mars?  What is its connection to earth?  Find out through the legends of many civilizations across Earth, as they all come closer to the truth in this original story by the writer of Drunk Thanos!
~Click here to read War of the Blood Gods #3 by Grim~
~Go back and read issue #1 and issue #2~


THE LONG MARCH OF ARES #3
written by Azmodi (Twilight War)
It's the conclusion of The Long March of Ares, as we learn what the cause of the mysteries at the Jewish community of Nachtholm in World War II is.  Be sure to then send feedback to cpufeedback@yahoo.com 
~Click here to read The Long March of Ares #3 by Azmodi~
~Go back and read issue #1 and issue #2~


CPU #31 COVER
This week's cover by Caleb, featuring the characters in this week's issues of Defenders, including Magneto, Warlock, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, and Quasar!
~Click here to see larger version of cover~


Thanks for reading!
Please send us your comments below or e-mail them to cpufeedback@yahoo.com

Name:

E-mail:

Concerning:

Comments:

I would like to join the CPU staff and help write or edit stories and/or create covers!


What is CPU?

Join Our Staff!

Visit our Archives!

 

Return to CPU Archives Page

Fan Fiction Menu:
Cosmic Powers Fan Fic Group · About Cosmic Powers · Archives of Fan Fiction · The Newest Fanzine of Cosmic Powers Unlimited · Archives of Past Issues of Cosmic Powers Unlimited · About Cosmic Powers Unlimited · Submissions Page for Cosmic Powers Unlimited
Silver Surfer Website · Message Board

This webpage was designed by James Pedrick. For more information on this website, e-mail marvelite@aol.com. This site is in no way related to or associated with Marvel Comics. Characters are property of Marvel Comics and used without permission. Contact Marvel Comics at http://www.marvel.com