Elders Quest Prelude

Written and edited by Mystic
With finishing edits by E.A. Morrissey
Logo and images created by Lord Thanos
Published by the Cosmic Powers Fan Fiction Group in
THE COSMIC POWERS UNLIMITED FANZINE ISSUE #0

Characters are the properties of Marvel Comics
Click here for black&white text version (good for printing!)

Image created by Lord Thanos


Elder's Quest Prelude


On a nameless asteroid, circling a brightly-lit moon, the silhouette of a single creature stood. He was contemplating, though that was not necessarily his nature. A frown dominated his entire face. Deep thoughts coalesced within. Eyes darted about as he visualized the concepts madly evolving within his mind. How long had he been here? Hours? Days? Weeks? It didn’t matter. He never paid attention to time that closely. It was rarely of any importance to him.

En Dwi Gast raised his hands. Reality answered his request as sand and dust particles rearranged themselves into ancient symbols from a civilization long gone. With a mathematical symmetry to it, the symbols produced an answer that satisfied him.

He turned and raised his hand again. This time the dust particles and tiny stone seemed to move backwards or in a counter clockwise fashion as compared to the first time. Pebbles rushed diligently seeking to reach the destination he commanded.

The arrangement equaled the first. He did the same numerous times, confirming his answer. Next, he tried modifying the variables and introduced randomness to the equations he had created. The answer always came back the same.

Finally, he stopped. The Grandmaster was satisfied that his formula was correct. In the bright moonlight, a smile crossed his face as he looked up. For the Elder, it had been awhile since he played a game. It had been awhile since he had gambled. Gambling was his passion and what he lived for. It was time to renew his passions. It was time to call his brothers…

Continued in Elders Quest Chapter 1


That's a brief look at what's ahead in The Elders Quest, a new 8-part fan fiction series beginning with November 14's edition of Cosmic Powers Unlimited.  If you aren't sure exactly why the elders would want to punish Thanos, then be sure to read our review of Marvel's Thanos Quest mini-series at the Silver Surfer Website... Now be sure to read Chapter 1 of Elders Quest, but first leave us your comments and suggestions below.


Please, leave your comments on this story below:

Name:
E-mail Address:
Comments/Suggestions:

What should we call the letter column?

I would like information on writing for Cosmic Powers Unlimited.

I would like information on creating art for Cosmic Powers Unlimited.


Cover by
Lord Thanos
Cosmic Powers Unlimited Issue #0 Your Letters
and Comments
Captain Marvel
Issue #0
Elders Quest
Prelude
Foundations Forged Before Nightfall Prologue Cosmic Union
Issue #0
Powers Cosmic
Issue #0
What is CPU? How to Join Our Staff CPU Archives

 



Enter your e-mail address below to receive weekly updates to the website

This is a Marvel Comics Authorized Fan Site
Silver Surfer, Galactus, Captain Marvel, related characters, and the distinctive likenesses thereof are Trademarks of Marvel Characters, Inc.  Copyright ©2001 Marvel Characters, Inc. All Rights Reserved.  This Marvel authorized fan site is maintained by James Pedrick who may be contacted at jamespedrick@yahoo.com.  The official homepage of Marvel Comics can be accessed at http://www.marvel.com