SPATIAL DELIVERIES


Welcome to Spatial Deliveries, the spot where we answer your questions, comments, and suggestions of past Cosmic Powers Unlimited stories.

Once again, we'd like to thank everyone who has sent us feedback... it's what keeps Cosmic Powers Unlimited fun for us all!  And it helps us know what we are doing right, so tell us what you like... and dislike!

Thanks for all your support... and now, on to the letters... this week's fan mail concerns several fan fiction stories from the last 25 issues!


COSMIC POWERS UNLIMITED


Jack Hoffman writes, "I am glad you folks invited me to join your group. Excellent stories so far!!!! Keep up the GOOD work, and I will return OFTEN!!! Thanks again! Jack"

Thanks for the kind words, Jack.  And please keep sending the feedback!  And for anyone interested, you can chat with any of the writers as well as share your own fan fiction by subscribing to our upcoming e-mail discussion list.  Just e-mail cpufanfic-subscribe@egroups.com to become a member! --Marvelite


Miguel writes, "I LIKE IT. IT IS HOT. I'VE BEEN A FAN SINCE LIKE 90. I LOVE 
IT WHEN A STORY DOES A CHARACTER REAL JUSTICE."

Thanks!  All the writers try their best to give the characters real justice!  Please be sure to let them know whenever you see something you like! --Marvelite


COSMIC UNION/PROTECTORS OF THE UNIVERSE


kron writes, "I love the stories you guys write, but there are characters that I know little about, like who is Kronos? What is his deal and how powerful is he?"

Morfex: Thanks for reading! Chronos/Kronos is the father of Mentor (Alars). He was an Eternal until experimentation with time travel caused him to evolve into a non-physical temporal entity. He is referred to as the Titan's god of Time. His power levels have varied. He created Drax from the corpse of Arthur Douglas (Heather's father) to battle Thanos. He recently battled Drax and Moondragon, and was left low on energy reserves, so he cannot be that powerful.


Arnold Kaeo writes, "Great story line, it all came together very well. Great plots and sub-plots upon sub-plots. Loved it - glad Thanos didn't make it to the abstract entities level, it would have dismissed the true power of these cosmic celestial-born entities as mere beings of thought that can be attained by works or mischief… Nice job… Arnold"

Morfex: Thank you, Arnold. The tapestry was a complex one, but most loose ends were tied up, or were purposely referenced as being left untied for future POTU titles to address. I agree, Thanos as an Abstract has been done in fanfic once, and very well, I might add. I suggest reading Twilight War if you have not done so already. There is no need to have Thanos do it again, better to vary the stories, I believe. 


Chanan Berkovits writes, "I just have one question: has the identity of the new Tyrant been revealed in one of the previous POTU stories or are we still waiting?"

Morfex: In Powers Cosmic #2 or 3, Deathbird hinted that the new Tyrant may be female. Other than that, I can foreshadow by saying Tyrant makes a cameo in Powers Cosmic #6, coming soon…(Click here for the POTU Continuity Archive Page!)


Joshua W. writes, "Great story! I like seeing Rune again."

Morfex: Thanks! Me too, I felt too much was introduced between Rune and the Marvel Universe to be ignored. Hopefully, other fans will agree.


Daniel Gordon writes, "Once again you guys have outdone yourselves. I liked the way the ending of the Cosmic Union looped as the beginning of the POTU story seen so long ago. I guess it was the only way it could have ended. As always, whenever Thanos achieves his goal, something happens to make me forfeit his prize. The alternative ending was the one most people (including myself) thought would really happen: a demonic invasion with chaos reigning supreme over the Earth. The only thing I was expecting was being eaten by Galactus."

Morfex: Thank you, Daniel. Every writer has his or her own style. I like to write "well-lit" stories, optimistic, heroic, romantic, triumphant, "good conquers evil"-type tales. The "What If?" chapter was no less valid, and gave a different author's dramatically different style an opportunity to present itself. That was CPU, and fan fiction in general is all about. Try it sometime!


Daniel Gordon writes, "I love the Defenders! Friends betrayed! Allies killed! Facing your dark side alone and powerless could be a real challenge but I know our good guys will prevail because I think that is a comic book law or something."

Morfex: WarlorTvor has done an excellent job of characterization. I commend his efforts and look forward to editing every chapter he produces. Thanks for your comments!


Joshua W writes, "I enjoy how you tie up what happens in Marvel with your stories and look forward to more!"

Morfex: Thank you, Joshua. It's a pleasure to tie things together into a fanfic continuity all its own, yet closely related to current Marvel developments. 


DRUNK THANOS


High Evolutionary writes, "crazy stuff! I love to see these cosmic beings in humorous situations!"

Thanks, High Evolutionary! (And welcome to the message board!) I think the very outrageousness of Thanos as a drunken has-been makes the stories even better. --Grim


Daniel Gordon writes, "And lastly, but surely not least...the wrath of Drunk Thanos! I must say that this is one of the best issues that I have read. It is fun to see such a cosmic deadly deity to be portrayed in such a silly fashion. Give me more! As always guys keep up the good work!"

Thanks again, Daniel! There's still a few more stories out there left to be told... --Grim


ELDERS QUEST


Daniel Gordon writes, "The finale of the Elder Quest was kinda rushed in my opinion. All of a sudden the master plan is revealed, implemented, and foil in one page! I am still trying to figure out how all of these unique energies coupled together could defeat the mighty Galactus. Perhaps that is a secret bested left unsolved."

My Elder's Quest wasn't written to be read in chapter format. It was not something I kept in mind when initially writing it. I recommend you take the whole thing (Click here to read it in its entirety!) and read it all at once. You should find that it reads better that way, than reading it chapter by chapter. At least, those are the comments I've gotten back from most other readers.

As to the unique energies coupled together, the Elder's attempted to do the same thing back in the Silver Surfer teens issue with the soul gems energies merged together. Except this time, they planned to get rid of Thanos in the process also and have him help out in collecting the energies and do some of their dirty work. Thanos tricked them in exposing that their own obsessiveness (which has allowed them to survive for so long) can also be their Achilles heel, as they frequently focus too much on one thing and leave themselves open to another... --Mystic


Joshua W. writes, "Elders' Quest was awesome! Thanks for the show. You did the characters justice."

Thanks Joshua. Glad you liked it. It was a lot of fun to write. I sort of wrote it in a Contest of Champions format with the bouts and all. But overall, I enjoyed writing it a great deal and learned a lot about the Elders. I feel characterization is one of the most important things in my fanfics, so I take great pains to stay within character. It makes it all worth it just to hear someone say so. Thanks. --Mystic


SILVER SURFER/THOR: "TIUSDAY... BLOODY TUESDAY!"


Lord Odin writes, "Beautifully done! This is a very well crafted account of death. A fine job, thank you."

Many Thanxs for the kind words Lord Odin! In time may you find that one elusive poem, and when you do, the wisdom of the ages shalt be yours!
Regards, E A Morrissey


SUPERGIRL: THE RESURRECTION


Jim Wentz writes, "Quite a good story, you follow well and don't used hackneyed phrases or try to invent clumsy phrases I've seen in some of the other stories. I've read some of the other stories and (as an English teacher) see that you have a good basic writing style. I hope to see more of > your work."

Jim,
Thanks for the compliments. Thanks to CPU and the encouragement of the editors, I was able to present my version of Kara. Though I no longer write for CPU, I will always have the deepest gratitude to them for allowing me to start writing Fan-fiction. And the Adventures of Supergirl have not ended. Since The last chapter of the Supergirl story published in CPU, much more has been written. You can view these stories at http://members.supermen.am/dylan Again, thanks for the compliments and keep reading CPU. Who knows, someday you may see another adventure here staring Kara, Rogue, and Jennifer Walters!

--Dylan Clearbrook
Dylan@fortress-of-solitude.net 


TALES OF THE TIMELESS

Mystic writes, "A surprise ending...I didn't expect Portent to kill himself. Nice surprise. Look forward to the next chapter to see what happens!"

THANKS ALEX I APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTARY, AND YOU WILL BE VERY SURPRISED INDEED --ANOMALY


kron writes, "man if you wrote a confusing story ....it could not be more confusing than this one....."

SORRY KRON ABOUT THE CONFUSION BUT THE NEXT TIMELESS WILL BRING EVERYONE UP TO DATE AND ALL CONFUSION WILL BE GONE.  BE SURE TO CHECK IT OUT AND KEEP READING, I PROMISE IT WILL GET MORE INTERESTING AND LESS CONFUSING --ANOMALY


Daniel Gordon writes, "Sometimes the Timeless wins my heart and sometimes it don't. I loved the latest issue for some odd reason. I guess the power meeting really perked my interest and trying to determine how this affects the rest of the multiverse. Does the Council of Dooms really exist or was that an added fanfic bonus?"

ITS ACTUALLY AZ'S IDEA, BUT THE COUNCIL OF DOOMS WILL BE MAKING MORE APPEARANCES SO KEEP READING --ANOMALY


[FrontPage Save Results Component]

To all of you who wrote in, thanks!  To all of you who didn't... shame on you!  But you can make it up by sending us your comments below or e-mail cpufeedback@yahoo.com

And remember to join our new discussion list, CPUFANFIC, which will be starting up later this month.  We'll be chatting about comics and fan fiction, as well as sharing our stories with each other and improving each other's stories!  Just e-mail cpufanfic-subscribe@egroups.com to become a member!


Name:

E-mail:

Concerning:

Comments:

I would like to join the CPU staff and help write or edit stories and/or create covers!


Issue #25 Cover Cosmic Powers Unlimited Issue #25 Letters & Feedback
Tainting Eden Chapter 1 Thanos: Dead Men Tell No Tales Chapter 1 Untold Tales #1 Dusks End Chapter One
Silver Surfer vs. Orion: Rematch Shards of Destiny #11 Silver Surfer/Thor
Chapter 9
Drunk Thanos #12
What is CPU? How to Join Our Staff Cosmic Powers Website